Liberatory Decision-Making: How to Facilitate and Engage in Healthy Decision-making Processes
Please note: The purchase is for 12 months access.
Previously Live: Recorded version available for viewing
Is your organization struggling with decision-making? Are meetings and initiatives often bogged down by the recurring questions of "Who decides?" and "How do we decide?" For many organizations, especially groups committed to equity and conscious holding of power, unclear decision-making is a source of frustration and conflict.
Transparent and effective decision-making processes are essential to building a healthy organizational culture and to shifting how power is held and distributed in alignment with your organization's values. In this session, consultant Ananda Valenzuela--co-author of Decisions, Decisions: Choosing the Right Decision-making Approach for Your Organizational Culture among other resources on decision-making--will facilitate an interactive workshop that includes:
- unpacking our assumptions about the skill and practice of decision-making
- linking decision-making practices to organizational values, culture, and power dynamics
- sharing specific methods and tools for building your competency in liberatory decision-making
This learning event is ideal for:
- individual staff
- for entire teams to attend together to develop team norms/processes for decision-making
- for board and staff leadership interested in exploring more equitable decision-making methodologies